Pages

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Welcome to Julia's Closet!

What is style? I'm a Boston native with a background of 20 years of dance...primarily ballroom and ballet. I guess I could say that my style has "oomph" to it, think Eastern European Salsa dancer. I have an eclectic collection of clothing, shoes, makeup, etc and think that there's a lot of my personality shining through my wardrobe.

I started this blog after one of my close girlfriends suggested it. I own a business and my goal/mindset is to empower women in this down economy. As bad as the economy may be, women won't stop wearing their lipstick and mascara...in fact, they might even buy more of it.

How does style empower people? I think style helps people feel better about themselves. When you look good you feel good. I was one of those people in college when I had an exam, I would dress up and feel great. Whether it actually helped me do well on an exam, I'll never know, but I know I felt damn good doing it.

Don't think that I'm tell you to go out and spend extraordinary amounts of money to look "stylish," I don't. Second Time Around (for those of you not from Boston, it's high-end consignment store) is one of my favorite places to shop. 

I'm about to cook dinner, so I'll conclude my first ever blog post. If anyone reads this, feel free to comment or give feedback, as it is warmly appreciated. Be kind. 


**You may occasionally notice that I mention and/or recommend some kind of product that I like, and there will be a link to a shopping website where you may choose to view information on the product or even purchase it. This is because in addition to being a graduate student, I am also an independent distributor for the company Market America. Please feel free to browse my store, as I do make a profit on anything you would buy. There's no pressure though! You can choose to ignore those links and enjoy the free information I provide in my blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment